Derk Tollin

Monday, October 23, 2006

A Little Fun

Okay, so creating this blog has seemed to spawn another side of my personality, my "creative" side. I must say that this side is really quite annoying and needs to shut up sometimes. But, it keeps me busy when I'm not at work so it's not all that bad.

I have a feeling that some of you who have not only helped me in the past but know about this little something called "Team Tollin" (btw, "Team Young" is still looking for members. hehe) have a "creative" side as well. If you don't know about "Team Tollin", that's okay, I will soon post about these people and the great things that they accomplished for me (that's what I am going to post about tomorrow). They are the reason why I am alive today and, whether that is a bad thing or not, they will always hold a special place in my heart.

What I would like to see is your creative side by creating something having to do with "Team Tollin". It can be a banner, icon or just a picture that you draw. If you already have something made up, simply e-mail me the link at my e-mail address and I will put it on this blog.

I don't know why I think that this will be interesting, but there is something about "art" that allows a person to show others what they are really about or how they feel about a certain topic.

I do have one rule, however. No matter what people create, I don't want to see any negative comments about it here. I will delete those on the spot. I feel that at one time we were a kind of close group and don't want to spank any of you (I usually leave that task to Tracy but she's married and lives in France. I'm sure she'd be willing to travel for the opportunity though, so don't make me do it.).

Call me names, put eggs on my car, I don't care. But I don't want to see anger towards each other here. There is enough of that going on in the world today and I will not allow this blog to become a place for it to also exist. Think of this as an "alternate universe where only love and friendship prevail".

I will put something up in a few days and you guys can have your way with it. I don't know what it will be or say, except for "Team Tollin", but I know that it will suck... but in a good way... so be prepared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home